This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RoadTripOil #CollectiveBias
I love summer because it gives you so much freedom and you can plan so many activities and trips without worrying about a schedule, but summer goes fast right? And although I’m always planning activities with my boys I feel that we don’t spend a lot of quality time together because we’re always so busy out and about, that’s why I love road trips because you really get to spend time with your family since you’re together in a car for several hours.
Follow these steps.
After you have planned your road trip itinerary and chose a few places you want to stop along the way, (You don’t want to spend hours driving, you need breaks!) Make a list of:
Things to Bring on a Road Trip to Entertain the Kids
- Books, Magazines
- Games such as: The License Plate Game, (You can print a map of the United States and bring colored pencils) or Travel Bingo you can buy it online for less than $10
- Sketchbook, washable markers, and colored pencils.
- Portable DVD player and DVDs or ipads; don’t forget headphones and car chargers. Make sure you bring a variety of DVDs, also make sure all the electronics are fully charged before your road trip, there’s nothing worse than getting an hour into your road trip and having the iPad run out of juice.
- Get NEW Apps; I hate to see my kids playing electronics all day, but during a road trip it could save the day to have them play for a while and if you download a few new Apps they will be even more entertained. There’s lots of fun travel Apps such as; Sago Mini Road Trip, Drawing Pad, This Is My Car — Mechanics For Kids, Keezy. You might want to download a few Apps for you as well!
- Audio Books; This are great when kids start to get crazy, it will calm them down.
- Easy craft-activities such as; Origami.
- Snacks! Include a mix of healthy choices, such as dry fruit, veggies, as well as treats, such as cookies and chocolate-chip granola bars, remember to much sugar will make kids jumpy! Don’t forget water bottles and juices boxes, too and make sure the kids can easily access the snacks on their own. Don’t put them in the trunk, otherwise you’ll have to stop the car every time you hear , “I’m hungry, Mommy,” which during a road trip specially, it could be every 20 minutes!
You can even get your oil changed while you shop for your road trip which is what I did! They will page you when your car is ready to go!
I had my vehicle’s oil changed with Pennzoil® High Mileage Vehicle® which is specifically for cars over 75,000 miles. If you have a vehicle with under 75,000 miles you can use Pennzoil Platinum®: Full Synthetic Motor Oil with PurePlus™ Technology. Getting your oil changed with Pennzoil and oil that helps clean out sludge lesser oils leave behind at Walmart helped me make our summer road trip a success because I did not only saved time but also money!
Great News! Pennzoil High Mileage Vehicle is on Rollback
from $39.88 to $35.88 through September 28!
- Make a movie of your road trip. My kids are starting their own YouTube channel so they love to record, but your kids don’t need to be YouTubers to record their road trip. Tell your kids to record with their iPhone or iPad some of their favorite locations along the road trip and to interview each other , it’s easy to edit the content using Magisto or the video editor which most phones and tables have. The video will be a great memory of your road trip.
- Learn about your destination. Engage the kids before and during the road trip, get some children’s geography books such as National Geographic Kids Ultimate U.S Road Trips Atlas, it goes state by state and it shows roadside attractions, cool things to check out even weird laws of each location.
Road trips are one of the best things you can do for your family, the memories that you make are priceless and your children will never forget those great family moments. Remember we only have 18 summers with our children! Start planning a road trip, you still have time this summer. Find an Walmart Auto Care Center Near You! Enjoy your Road tripping!