I love Jamaica, known as Hibiscus in the United States I always have a pitcher at my house is not only healthy but delicious and refreshing so why not add some of my favorite alcohol drinks and create some amazing summer cocktails so here are 3 of my favorite ones, which are not only delicious but low in calories.
Jamaica with Tequila, Jamaica Mojito and Jamaica Margarita
I went to my local Smart & Final store, where I know I always find everything I need at the best price. Including alcohol, the Spirits department has my favorite drinks and there’s always a great sale going on.
Got my tequila and my ron and on my way to make amazing and refreshing summer cocktails.
Jamaica with Tequila
- 300 grams of Jamaica (hibiscus)
- 1/2 litter of Tequila
- 2 cups of suga
Simmer the jamaica over low heat (For about 2 cups of water and 1 cup of Jamaica it takes about 20 minutes) Strain the jamaica, Add the tequila, Put it the fridge for at least 1 day, Serve chill.
- 20 Mint leaves
- 2oz of Lime Juice
- 4oz of ron
- 3oz of Jamaica
- 2 cups of water
- 1 1/2 cups of Mineral Water
Simmer the jamaica over low heat (For about 2 cups of water and 1 cup of Jamaica it takes about 20 minutes) Strain the Jamaica, add the sugar and mix, let it stand until cold. Crush the mint leaves and add them a pitcher, add the ron, lime juice and jamaica, mix and taste, add more ron or sugar if you like, add the mineral water, mix and serve chill.
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dried hibiscus flowers
- Salt or granulated sugar
- No one wants a fluorescent green concoction
Traditional mixers are loaded with artificial ingredients and grams-upon-grams of sugar. Check out the healthy beverage section to up your mixer game. Set out some cans of something chic like Grapefruit La Croix and something delicious and healthy like Kevita’s Ginger Kombucha or Bai Antioxidant Infusion along with your favorite spirits. You’ll cut back on sugar, save time, and earn style points with your guests.
- Grapefruit La Croix at Smart & Final – $3 for 8 cans at Smart & Final ($4.19 at a competing grocer)
- Kevita’s Ginger Kombucha at Smart & Final – $2.99 at Smart & Final ($3.49 at a competing grocer)
- Bai Antioxidant Infusion Kula Watermelon – $2.00 at Smart & Final ($2.49 at a competing grocer)
- Fresh garnishes feel luxurious and add charm, beauty & style
Small bowls filled with herbs like mint, basil, and thyme and fruit such as blackberries and blueberries will create a beautiful table and impress your guests.
- Fresh mint – $1.99 at Smart & Final
- Basil – $2.99 at Smart & Final
- Thyme – $1.99 at Smart & Final
- Blackberries – $2.49 at Smart & Final ($3.79 at a competing grocer)
- Blueberries – $2.99 at Smart & Final ($3.99 at a competing grocer)
- Keep libations simple
A stylish vodka, rum, and sparkling wine, and you’re done.
- Tito’s Vodka – $19.99 at Smart & Final ($23.99 at a competing grocery)
- Bacardi Gold Rum – $11.99 at Smart & Final ($14.99 at a competing grocer
- La Marca Prosecco Sparking Wine – $11.99 at Smart & Final ($21.99 at a competing grocer)
- Shop smart to save money
As we’ve clearly demonstrated above, where you shop has a major impact on how much you spend. And your go-to “value” store may not have the cheapest prices. Think out of the (big) box, and try stores like Smart & Final, whose prices average up to 25% off of traditional supermarkets. And Smart & Final offers everyday items as well as club-store sized products without needing a membership.
- Save time and have it delivered
Shopping in-store is so 2017. Smart & Final delivers in two hours or less and your first delivery is free. Besides, you’ve got guests coming over and a house to clean! Shopping online is easy at shop.smartandfinal.com or by downloading the Smart & Final app.